Wednesday, June 27, 2012

INXS Revival at my house!

2 days ago I was browsing at Home Sense, thinking about ways to spruce up my living room when I realized I was singing along with the piped in music. "Do do do do do, do do do, do do do do do do, do do do do..."  You get the picture and if you're really good, you get the song too.  INXS!  I haven't heard INXS in years.  They were once a mainstay in my musical rotation.  One of my favorite bands from Listen Like Thieves to Elegantly Wasted I was there.  I know they are still around and performing, but not like they once were.  Sorry J.D. Fortune and Jon Stevens, but Michael Hutchence will forever be missed and it's just not the same.  I had the privilege of seeing INXS live in Sept. 1997, 2 months before Hutchence died.  Ironically that was the weekend of Princess Diana's death and he paid tribute to her as a terrible, tragic loss.  The show was forever memorable as Hutchence had the magnetism to hold the crowd captive and wow them with the largeness of the music and yet still make it personal, taking an arena event to feel like a small cafe at times.  He was a fantastic performer.
Two nights ago I pulled out a couple of my old INXS CDs and imported them to my itunes and had a little INXS revival of my own.  The music was just so good.  No auto tune, no computer gimmicks, just good, solid music.  Love it, miss it.
For anyone wondering about my mystery song that kicked in memory over this way and haven't figured it out yet, here it is.  Feel free to sing along.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment