Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Life as an Art Teacher

This past year I have been having a blast teaching Art 8.  It is a change from Music which has been my usual subject for the past 7 years.  I am still teaching music, but have this one block of Art each week.  It has been such a joy to be creative with these kids.  Here are a few of our recent projects that I'm so proud of.  They are a result of the art of faces. 
The first is a face made entirely of pipe cleaners.  I gave them a few ideas and off they went.
 The second self-portrait, pencil drawn.  They then cut off the top, and opened it up, adding in drawings of things they think about.
 This last was Warhol style pop art.  I took a picture of each of them, then photocopied it 4 times.  We used highlighters to colour in.  The rule was that each had to look slightly different from each other.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment