I did it, I made 2 Jedi Robes for my boys for Christmas. The long brown outer robe and the white tunic underneath, plus a belt. I made it from a combination of an online tutorial plus my own adjustments for kid size. This was my biggest sewing project attempt to date. It even involved a Skype consultation with my mom when I got stuck along the way. Because these robes were a secret project, I used the boys snowsuits and sweaters to figure out measurements. I made them deliberately big and hemmed it up a bunch of times so they can still use them as they grow. The online tutorial I used you can find here and found it very helpful. I did have to make adjustments with sizing, this was only problematic with the hood. The hood was way too big for a kid sized costume. I ended up measuring the along the length of the neckline so get the right hood length and made the width smaller than what their tutorial recommends. It worked. Here's a few pictures of my process.