Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Fisher Price Nativity Set

I'm super excited for my latest find. I first saw this Nativity set at a friend's place about 5 years ago. I asked where she got it and she told me she found it in the States. I thought for sure I wouldn't have to go to the States to find this thing. After all, we have Little People here in Canada. And each Christmas I looked and looked and searched, but never found it. (That's one thing about being a mom, you can spend a lot of time in the toy departments!). I came close to ordering it online once, but balked at the shipping fee. Then yesterday, by fluke I saw it. One of 4 left at Zellers. Not only that, but it was on sale too! I was so excited. I couldn't wait to put it out for my kids today.
The reason I loved this so much is because of my own fond memories of playing with the Nativity set my parents had when I was growing up. My mom had made all the figures for it one year so they were not breakable. I wanted my kids to have the same kind of experience. To play out the Nativity story for themselves. That's why this little set is so perfect. It's very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment