Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Voice Is Winning

Again with the reality TV I know. *sigh*  I was watching the Season 4 Premiere of The Voice and I realized that I really love it.  More so than American Idol or any other music show.  I used to love AI, but it's been a while.  AI was fun back with the original 3 - Simon, Randy and Paula (yes, even crazy Paula).  But now...
And now, there's The Voice.  So much more appealing.  They know what they are doing on that show.  Very enigmatic famous musicians being kind (gasp!) to aspiring musicians.  And they make no secret of the fact that they are all about second chances, unlike some other shows out there.  Sure they find the cheesy sob stories (it is reality TV after all), but it's a little more of a feel good show and less of the cheese.
We're now into week 2 of the blind auditions and I'm still loving it.  I don't miss AI at all.  This is my 3rd season with The Voice (I missed out on Season 1).  And I have to admit that I'm enjoying this season more than previous ones.  A lot of that has to do with the addition of Shakira.  What a great choice to sit in on the Voice with Christina Augulera gone touring.  She is so kind and encouraging (and not catty to other females).  You still have the chemistry of Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, which let's face it is a gold mine for viewership.  And then they add Usher too.  Well done.  I do miss Cee-Lo as he is always intreguing to listen to and gets the quirky contestants.  But I really look forward to what this season has to offer.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment