Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Pinterest Kind of Valentine's Day

Yes, I'm hooked. Pinterest is my new favorite thing. And if you've been hooked too then you may have seen these ideas pop up around Valentine's Day, or Love Day as many are labelling it now :)
The first project I tackled were these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from "The Novice Chef". Hers were much swirlier than mine on top, but overall, not bad. I think I'd change the recipe a bit if I were to make them again, they were a little dry, but they did work very well with her Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshake idea which we made as well with the scraps.


The second project tackled was this very cute little snack butterfly.  My son's teacher asked me to provide a 'healthy snack' as part of their Valentine's celebration.  So the butterflies aren't specifically for Valentine's Day, they are good for any class snack.  Cute, healthy and easy to do!


Finally, I saw the Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls idea.  I used my Super Easy Cinnamon Buns recipe (no yeast, done in under an hour), but instead of rolling the dough into one log, I rolled it in evenly at both ends towards the centre.  Once the buns were sliced, I just pinched the bottom into more of a point and sat them in the pan in such a way to hold their heart shape.  My kids were so happy to have fresh cinnamon buns for breakfast on Valentine's morning.

No picture but, for dinner I picked up some red heart shaped tortellinis from Costco.  Cute and yummy <3
 

1 comment: