Friday, October 7, 2011

City Life vs. Country Life - Police Work

I've been living in the country for just over 2 months now and I've been through 2 roadside checks - one for seatbelts and one for up to date car inspection stickers. My husband has also seen them policing a certain stop sign, ensuring that people make a full and complete stop there. We've seen several speed traps as well. I would venture to say that we are more than adequately policed for traffic safety. I'm also guessing that there isn't much else to police around here. Sure, there's your once in a while domestic dispute but for the most part, I think it's safe to say we're pretty safe out here. In our 2 years in the big bad city, I remember one road side check (looking for drunk drivers on a long weekend). But let's face it, the police out there are too busy with gun shots, drug busts and general ruckus to worry about making sure everyone makes a full and complete stop at a stop sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment