Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mine!

My dear, sweet daughter has reached the dual personality stage of toddlerhood - she's been there for a while, but I've been in denial. Sweet as pie but can turn into the little monster at any given time. Last night after going to her own bed for the first quarter of the night she decided that wasn't what she had in mind, got up and headed to our bed. (And by headed to our bed, I mean started screaming "No!" repeatedly and needed a cuddle downstairs from her dad before allowing me to take her into our bed and cuddle her.)
My husband deciding the better sleep to be had would be in her bed own his own went to her bed for the night. This morning our daughter woke up, ran into her room to find some Elmo clothing. She stopped when she saw her dad and said, "Hey! Mine bed!". My husband spoke up and said, "Well, you were in my bed, where's Daddy supposed to sleep?" "No! Mine bed!"...and the conversation continued from there with all the logic involved toddlerhood.

TODDLER’S RULES
1- If I want it, it's mine
2- If it's in my hand, it's mine
3- If I can take it away from you, it's mine
4- If I had it a little while ago, it's mine
5- If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way
6- If we are building something together,all the pieces are mine
7- If it just looks like mine, it's mine
8- If I think it's mine, it's mine
9- If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine
10- Once it's mine it will never belong to anyone else, no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment