Monday, September 26, 2011

Crab Season

Yesterday was one of those gorgeous I can't believe it's the end of September type days. We went to the beach. It was perfect. The tide was out and there were very few people there. My boys were running huge circles around the place and my daughter was delighting in putting her toes in the water and dancing. In my beach wanderings I found a little dead crab. I picked it up thinking I would show my oldest who has had this fascination and fear with crabs since he was small. I carried it up the beach and over to him and his brother at the shore line. He shrieked and ran away. My younger son was a little braver and touched it before screaming and running away. My toddler daughter took one look, said, "mine!" grabbed it and put it in her mouth.
A crab found by my husband by turning over rocks, not the one our daughter tried to eat. We did get it out of her mouth, much to her crying disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment