Friday, November 26, 2010

My Pincushion

I'm still pretty new to sewing.  The pincushion I have is the traditional tomato with a strawberry attached to it.  (I just found out that the strawberry is filled with emery, to sharpen your pins with - I'd always wondered about that).  So the other day, I was searching for a needle for a little bit of hand sewing.  Where the heck were all my needles?  Inside the pincushion.  I took out all of my pins and started pushing into the cushion.  I found a dozen needles trapped inside.  So now, I'm thinking I need a different pin cushion, one where the needles don't get lost.  I did a little google search and found out that this a big thing in the sewing world.  There are all sorts of really cute little pincushions out there.  I'm a little overwhelmed at the possibilities, but inspired all the same.  I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment