Friday, August 24, 2012

Photo Wall

This little project cost me very little and was a lot of fun to do.  I had all these frames in a box.  I had piles of photos sitting in their envelopes.  What good was that to anyone really?  I decided to devote part of my summer holiday time getting stuff up on the walls, making our home a little homier. 
Once I chose the right pictures for the right frames, I laid them all out on my bed and played with the order they would go up on.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.  The 'S' is our last initial.  I found it for $1.50 at Michaels and painted it black at home (I used sticky tac to hang it).  The letters for "Family" I cut out of a piece of black wall stick on strips (see DIY Wall Stick-Ons).
One of my favorite parts of the wall is the 2 pictures of my husband and I side by side.  One is on our wedding day and one is just before our 10 anniversary - similar pose, 10 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment